How Much Energy Savings Can Be Made with Window Tinting?
If you are concerned about the rising energy costs in your home, you should choose window tinting to reduce the costs. It is worth knowing how much Window tinting reduce cost and save you money. This guide gives you an idea of how much you can save by having window films installed in your home.
According to studies, Solar Care Window Tinting can block out up to 80% of sun’s energy. And the amount you save on your utility bills depends on how much you are currently spending and how much window area is covered by the tint. The following points should give you a good idea of how much potential savings you can make:
- You can expect to see your utility bills fall by up to 10% or even more. A lot depends on where you live
- If you have a 2,000 sqft home and you choose medium-high tinting on your dual-pane windows, you can reduce your annual cooling costs by up to 22%
- According to the US Department of Energy, the annual savings on energy can be up to $111 when installed on dual-pane windows
- The annual energy savings can be up to $465 when window tinting is installed on single-pane windows
- If you have a small commercial building having single pane windows, your savings can be almost $10,000 annually
- As the technologies involved in window tinting keep improving, the savings can increase even further
- Latest technologies can help in reducing your energy costs by almost 40%
- Even when high-quality window films may seem a little expensive, they don’t have any cost of maintenance and can help recover the initial investment within a short period of time
- It is also possible that your utility company may support you in covering some of the cost of installing window tinting
- The traditional mirrored solar film can help in improving HVAC efficiency
- Such film can also help increase privacy
- There are hundreds of different types of Solar Care Window Tinting to choose from, varying in terms of colors, designs, and patterns
How Window Tinting Pays Back the Initial Cost?
When you use energy-efficient window tinting, it can significantly reduce the heat lost through the windows. Some films can help reduce the energy lost through the windows by almost 30%. This is achieved by lowering the U-Value of the glass.
- Installing window tinting can be much cheaper compared to replacing a single-pane window with a new double-pane window
- It is recommended to choose solar control window films with low E to achieve optimal energy savings
- They help in preventing outside temperatures from getting transmitted indoors and from interior energy to escape outside
Once the initial cost of installation is recovered, it can become possible to start making savings on energy costs every year. This payback and Window tinting reduce cost savings depend on a multitude of factors including:
- Type of window tinting chosen
- Window’s exposure to sunlight
- Cost of fuel used for cooling or heating
The energy savings can be due to many reasons. This includes reduced solar heat gain and reduction in carbon footprint. You will be able to enjoy the benefits of natural lighting without harmful UV exposure or glare.
How Does Window Tinting Work?
The amount of energy savings and Window tinting reduce cost depends on how much visible and infrared light gets reflected or absorbed by the film. Even UV radiations can cause heat gain, but quality window films will block out over 99% of UV rays.
So, if you want to reduce energy costs, it is important to choose window tinting that also blocks most of the infrared and visible light. The best Solar Care Window Tinting can reduce up to 80% of heat from light. When you choose high-performance films, they are likely to have reflective exterior appearance.
You can also find ordinary window films that block 55% of heat from sunlight. They stand out for their plain looks, as they are lighter in color and have lesser reflectivity. Then there are spectrally-selecting window films capable of blocking same percentage of heat without having dark or reflective surface. Such films offer the following benefits:
- Blocking higher percentage of infrared rays
- They help in remaining heat during the winter months
- Overall energy savings can be in the range of 35% to 50% in a year
It is important to know that accurate energy savings can never be predicated for a particular application. The direction of the windows, size, and numbers, and the glass type also have an influence.
Thus, there are different ways in which Window tinting reduce cost. It is recommended to choose the right type of Solar Care Window Tinting based on what your goals are and other relevant factors like the year-round climate in your region.