Car window tints are essentially practical things which when applied not only protect the car but also add to its sleek beauty. But these purposes can only be achieved if and when the car window tint chosen is appropriate for the concerned car. In order to ensure this, there are certain things which need to be kept in mind, things which will form a comprehensive Guide to choosing car window tints, like:
- Need for car window tinting: This is a very common question that most car owners ask and it can be best answered by listing out the benefits of car window tinting which include:
- Reduction in fading: People spend quite a lot of money in doing up the interiors of the car like the dashboard, the upholstery etc. The entry of excessive sunlight can create havoc with these and result in uneven fading of the same thereby making the car interiors look old and worn out.
- Protecting the skin: Unfiltered sunrays also have UV rays in them and it is a well-known fact that long exposure to this can result in the onset of skin cancer. Thus for people who have to drive for long period in the sun, window tinting is a mandatory option.
- Cooling the car: Come hot summers and people travelling out in the car during the day have to keep the car air-conditioner switched on. With the windows tinted, the interiors of the car stay relatively cooler and hence ensure energy savings in the process.
- Privacy: For people who want to keep to themselves, it is important that they go through the Guide to choosing car window tints since car tints impart a certain amount of privacy which is otherwise absent in a car.
- Kinds of window tinting in cars: There are many options available today with regards to car window tinting and each option has its own set of advantages and disadvantages like:
- Infrared films: They help to block out both the heat of the sun as well as the UV rays without making the windows look too dark. They are also non-fading and thus last for a longer time without pealing.
- Metallic films: These films are extremely resistant to both solar heat and the UV rays emanating from the sun and they also make the car look sleek and shiny. But the metallic particles present in them tend to interfere with electronic as well as radio signals which can be a cause of concern.
- Carbon films: Herein instead of using metallic particles, carbon particles are used which not only make them long-lasting and durable, there is also no electronic or radio interference. They also block much more UV rays and solar heat than any other form of car window tint.
- Coating tinting: Even though its application can be quite a hassle and should always be done with the help of professionals, this tinting once done has proved to be extremely durable. But removing the windows completely and then spraying on the tint is a cumbersome process, one which most do not want to encounter.
- OEM tinting: As is apparent from its name, this tinting is actually built to be a part of the car window glass during its manufacture. But this tinting is quite fragile and limited.
- Laws governing car tinting: When writing a Guide to choosing car window tints it is imperative to mention that each state formulates laws which govern the tinting of the car windows. In fact since the laws formulated for this are different for different states, travelling with a car with heavily tinted windows permissible in the home state but not allowed in the travelling state can create quite a problem. Hence for people frequently travelling to different states in their cars, it is best to follow the laws of the most stringent state to avoid getting a ticket.
These car window tinting laws are formulated for the safety of the car passengers and also to make it easy for officers of law enforcement to take quick action in case of an emergency. Thus if the car window tinting is not done as per the laws of state where the car is registered, the owner might have to remove the whole tint and get one freshly done.
- Taking professional help: Tinting when not done in the proper way can result in a mess with bubbles and creases apparently visible in the film tint. In fact pealing is also a common problem of car window tints applied by novices and thus it is always better to get the job done by professionals like http://solarcareinc.com/ who are extremely well versed and experienced in the same.
Thus as any Guide to choosing car window tints would definitely summarise, getting the correct car window tinting is actually a matter of researching the laws of the state which govern the same and then deciding on the budget and the choice.