Taking a cue from car window tinting, today even homes and garden windows are being tinted to keep out the maximum amount of heat and UV rays. Today home window tints are just not films but companies like http://solarcareinc.com/ who specialise in the sales, service and installation of the same have managed to convert them into beautiful window screens thereby increasing the types of window tint for homes, that are in use today, . These not only make the rooms cooler but also enhance their beauty. Thus on the basis of the functions that they perform, home window tints can be broadly classified into:
- Decorative window tint films which help transform the windows into a curetted work of art and also:
- Elevate the interior design of the room,
- Create privacy for the inmates,
- Hide unsightly outdoor views,
- Give a good imitation of speciality glass,
- Diffuse the harsh sunlight coming in,
- Makes it easy to make design changes.
- Solar window tint films which while letting in the sunlight, also help to:
- Reflect solar heat,
- Visibly reduce fading,
- Enable energy savings,
- Bring about a reduction in the sun’s glare,
- Block harmful rays emitting from the sun like UV rays,
- Increase the indoors comfort of the homes.
- Safety and security window tint films which form reliable sources of safety and defence thereby enhancing home security by:
- Helping to deter theft,
- Improving the shatter resistivity of the glass,
- Lessening damages caused from accidents,
- Helping to prevent the entry of wind borne debris,
- Reflecting heat and
- Blocking UV rays.
Now depending on certain specific functions that the home window tint films perform, home window films can be further divided into these 7 different types of window tint for homes:
- Heat control films which help sunlight to come through but filter out the UU rays and the solar heat,
- Glare control films which helps diffuse the sunlight entering the room thereby reducing its glare and making it easier to see electronic device screens like TV, computer etc.,
- Energy window films, as the name suggests, keep most of the solar heat out of the room while enabling all of the sunlight to filter through, thus enabling savings on utility bills,
- Privacy frosted films are generally used in the bathrooms and kitchen and enables light to come in but prevents anyone from seeing into or out of the room,
- Privacy mirrored films when installed, prevent people from looking into the room while allowing light to filter in from that particular side and cab thus be applied on a single side or on both sides of the window,
- Privacy black films helps keep the room dark by reducing the amount of sunlight coming into it,
- Creative window films are those that come with different designs and graphics imprinted on them and thus add beauty to the room while at the same time enhancing its beauty.
Another way of classifying home window tint films is on the basis of the materials and process used to make them. Home window films can thus be divided on this basis into:
- Metalized films: Of all the different types of window tint for homes this is a tried and tested option and it incorporates copper, aluminium and nickel particles into the film thereby enabling them to deflect the solar heat during the summer. While offering protection from the intense heat of the sun, this film also enables the interiors of the home to stay warm during the winter months. Thus there are huge savings on the utility bills both in summer and winter.
- Coloured or dyed film: This is the most commonly used home window tint film and colour is imparted to it by a process of melting followed by stretching. This film works by absorbing the solar heat instead of deflecting or repelling it. It also enhances the privacy of the people living in the house.
- Deposited films: This is made by infusing a variety of metals further into the metalized films by a process known as deposition technology. This provides additional protection from the heat and is also readily available and quite inexpensive.
- Hybrid films: This one of the best types of window tint for homes since it incorporates the goodness of both the metalized and the dyed window film tints. It comes with a lighter tint but is extremely effective in reflecting and absorbing solar heat thus turning the scorching solar heat into comfortable warmth.
- Ceramic films: Using nanotechnology, it helps infuse a film with ceramic particles thereby reducing electrical and radio interference and also strengthening the window glass. It is also shatter resistant thereby protecting the people inside the house from sustaining injuries from shattered glass pieces in case of a severe cyclone or theft etc.
While letting in sunlight and natural breeze seem very pleasant during the mornings, as the day becomes hotter and the temperature rise thus making tinted windows seem functionally viable, financially lucrative and practically a very option.